Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 01, 2006

Thanks, honey

While I taught first grade for a week, I dealt with runny noses, upset tummies, and one barfer I was thrilled when I made it to Friday without even a hint of a sniffle. Ha ha! Score one for me!

Monday, two days before the team dinner, I felt a cold coming on strong. I took A.irborne faithfully and actually felt the cold symptoms going away. By Wednesday I was symptom free and off the A.irborne. Whoopie!

Thursday, I was sick. Sore throat, coughing, congestion - just plain ick. I made it through my two days of teaching last week hopped up on D.ayquil and sugar. When I'm sick I don't want to be touched or looked at. Just leave. me. alone. Hokie Hubby is really good about this. He brings me tissues and sleeps in the spare bedroom. I couldn't ask for more.

Finally, yesterday, I was starting to feel better. Minimal hacking and blowing my nose makes me happy. Last night, after I made chicken enchiladas I told Hokie Hubby that I wanted some ice cream. Off we went to the store! On our way home HH stated he was tired and would probably come home and take a bath.

Me (jokingly): Maybe it's mono, honey.
HH (rolling his eyes): No, it's not mono.
Me (alluding to the lack of...uh...action lately): You're right, there's no way you could have caught mono in the past few weeks.
HH: Gee thanks! The first thing I did when I got home was give you a kiss.
Me: Yeah! On the cheek! That's not how mono is spread.
HH: Well, I did sleep in bed last night...maybe I caught it from the runoffs of your drool pillow.
Me: ...................shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home