Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

October 31, 2006

To apply or not to apply

The prospect of moving mid-year is hard for me.

Do I apply for current vacancies in the district where we "may" be moving?
Do I attempt to get my Georgia teaching license?
Do I just wait until Hokie Hubby actually gets offered a graduate assistantship and then start scrambling to get a job?
Do I resign myself to subbing in a brand new state until the end of this school year?
Do I get a job at Wal-Mart to supplement the subbing and hope that is enough to pay the bills?

There are a few teaching positions posted on the district website. I've applied for them, but I don't really think I will be following them up until we start hearing something out of HH's possible position. I can't see going through the entire hiring process, accepting a job, and then moving to Georgia if Hokie Hubby isn't going to be a graduate assitant. It just doesn't seem right to move somewhere just to possibly have to move again within a few months. In fact, it sounds downright crazy to do that.

Suggestions? Anyone?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, November 02, 2006, Anonymous happy and blue 2 said…

    HH's job prospect sounds really good for both of you.
    Hope he gets it.
    Applying for jobs now seems sensible to me. You can always refuse them if HH's job doesn't work out..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home