Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

October 07, 2006

Rah, Rah

Things have been very crazy the past few days. First, HH's great uncle passed away. It's sad, but not unexpected - he's been ill for some time. The funeral is today. We are not going.

HH's starting goal keeper had surgery Wednesday. As in surgery! She was having some major pain and long story short, they found out that she has a 7 cm cyst on her ovary. Did I mention she played Tuesday night? It was just bad. Thank goodness she is going to be fine. Head Coach said he had a similar situation with a field player a few years ago and she was able to play again in about a week. I just about fell out of my chair laughing when HH told me this. Yeah. Right Coach! I will be shocked if she played another game this season. Shocked. However, she did send an email Friday saying she was ready to play Really Good Team today. Um. No. Instead, Freshman Keeper is starting today. She's scared, but she's going to do fine. (I keep saying that for HH...he's as nervous as she is)

We are off to Central Ohio today to meet up with the team. HH gets to ride with me and I get to go to the game. Who knows, maybe I'm good luck and they'll pull off an upset.

Yeah, I didn't think so either. I'm just hoping it's not too awful. These girls (and their coaches) need a confidence boost.

Go Team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home