Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

September 12, 2006

Sigh

Today officially started my school year. I spent the day at the kindergarten school floating while the teachers did the beginning of year testing.

Things I have missed since Mom retired:

Kindergarten has the highest class averages of the district. Most of the classes have approximately 30 kids. Twenty kinders was overwhelming, thirty is MIND BOGGLING.

Mom's old school has the second highest class averages.

Those ranks will switch soon as they just got word that they are getting two new teachers at the kindergarten school.

They aren't hiring anyone. They're moving people within. That means teachers already established will be consolidating their classrooms and moving to another school. Or district wide upheavel.

I had a glimmer of hope for at least 3 minutes. It was short lived.

I know I need to stay positive and keep getting "out there" to get my name out, but right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home