Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

September 25, 2006

Men!

I know I alluded to an "issue" last week.

Basically, it boils down to HH's boss (not Head Coach, his boss) finding out about HH's illness and placing an illegal restriction upon HH. HH, being embarrassed about the whole situation, was less than honest with me. Evidently, I haven't made the you-have-to-be-completely-honest-with-me issue quite as clear as needed. Right now, we're in a holding pattern. Lawyer friends have been consulted and have offered help should the need arise - however, we're both hoping it doesn't come to that. HH will have to tell the team about the situation as rumors are already running rampant. That is slated for this weekend. Please send good thoughts. Emotions are running high.

Cryptic enough for everyone? Good. Moving on...

Twin discussed this on her blog today and it got me thinking. Are men genetically unable to turn OFF lights? Seriously. Are she and I the only ones who have to constantly bitch...er...remind our partner's to turn off the frickin' lights!

For example, this morning HH left before me. When I got out of bed to go to the shower (all of 10 feet) I saw the following lights on in the house:
  • Bathroom (both the overhead light AND the flourescent light over the sink)
  • Living room
  • Dining room
  • Kitchen
  • Had I investigated further I would have found the garage light, the hallway to the office light, and the desk light also on.

I spared the cats the sight of me stomping through the house talking to myself (Is anyone IN this room? Is anyone going THROUGH this room?).

I will also mention that my family finds this very amusing since as a child/teen I was known to leave lights on myself. However, things are different now - I pay the bill! As Twin says, "the electric bill is sky high and I'm not made of money." Oh Lord, I'm channeling my mother.

Turn something off! It's spinnin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home