Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

September 13, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

Poor HH. He's had three players quit in the space of a week.

That's right, another girl quit today.

It'd be one thing if Head Coach was mean or HH was mean, but it's less than Division I soccer (not saying which division, but it's not cut throat Division I). This one annoys me because HH tried to make her a deal so she could still be on the team, but not have to make as big a time committment.

When I was younger, if I wanted dance lessons, my parents did all they could to put me in dance lessons. Often, halfway through I would say, "Mom, I don't want to take tap anymore." At which point my mother would tell me that at the end of this year's lessons, I could quit if I really wanted to. However, I said I would take lessons and I made the committment so she would not let me quit. Back then, I hated this rule. Everyone else could quit if they wanted to - but not me!

Now? Now, I finish what I start. I am a woman of my word. If I say I am going to do something/be somewhere/ etc. I am there. Maybe my mom wasn't the meanest mom in town...maybe she was just trying to make me a good person.

Huh. Who would have thunk it? I hope this girl made the right choice for her and I hope she doesn't regret her decision.

I loathe quitters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home