Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

August 10, 2006

On a roll

Just about everyone in BloggerLand has one of those pesky 100 Things About Me lists. I don't. Frankly, I started mine in December of 2005 and still can't think of 100 things to add to it. People, I'm just not that interesting. Most of you know this since you are here - reading my blog.

In an effort to get the dang thing done I've decided to post my 100 Things in groups of ten. Maybe they won't seem so daunting in 10 thing bunches. Ha! Plus, I can add interesting little side notes to my 100 things. Some really need clarification.

No promises to add to this daily, weekly, or monthly as I think of interesting/noteworthy things about myself I will update.

Things 1 - 10 and 11 - 20.

Things About Me
21 - 30

#21 - I love cats.
Go ahead, pretend to be shocked. I'll wait.

#22 - My mother-in-law has made me into something of a cat collector.
She brings me cat stuff whenever they come to visit. The novelty cat socks - love em. The kids at school love them, too. Now I'm switching out cat knick knacks as I have so many. My most recent addition? One of those reuseable wooden calendars complete with cats that says, "Cats are like potato chips, you can't have just one." Heh.

#23 -
I am addicted to the soundtrack from Rent.
Didn't care for the movie though. Although, I will admit it is better the second time around. Maybe I didn't care for it because I was with my in-laws and my mother-in-law thinks lesbianism is the result of cable tv (I kid you not). Can you say tension!?

#24 - Speaking of movies, I love movies.
Comedies, romantic comedies, teen movies, once in a while adventure. I've sworn off Tom Cruise though. Can't stand the man.

#25 - I have never seen a horror movie.
Never care to see one.

#26 - I do enjoy a "thriller" movie every now and again.
"I'll never tell...."

#27 - Most of my closet consists of blue clothing.
I just realized it the other day. I only have 3 articles of green clothing, even though I like green. I do have a lot of maroon/red stuff. I also just bought my first purple piece of clothing. See! I'm branching out.

#28 -I had braces in 7th and 8th grade.
And the only person to ever call me "Brace Face" was my brother. I got even 4 years later.

#29 - I play the clarinet.
I was in the top of my section in middle and high school. (How pathetic that I am still proud of that - but I am.) I don't do well sight reading, but I can usually play anything once you tell me how it should sound.

#30 - In high school, I was a member of the marching band, which competed in marching competitions.
Think Blue Coats . To this day, I enjoy watching drum and bugle corps competitions on tv. HH won't take me to any real live competitions because I'm very critical and spend the whole time telling him what everyone is doing wrong. I do like the movie Drumline though! One band, one sound. (I do believe I am geeking in public...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home