Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

August 05, 2006

10 More Things

Just about everyone in BloggerLand has one of those pesky 100 Things About Me lists. I don't. Frankly, I started mine in December of 2005 and still can't think of 100 things to add to it. People, I'm just not that interesting. Most of you know this since you are here - reading my blog.

In an effort to get the dang thing done I've decided to post my 100 Things in groups of ten. Maybe they won't seem so daunting in 10 thing bunches. Ha! Plus, I can add interesting little side notes to my 100 things. Some really need clarification.

No promises to add to this daily, weekly, or monthly as I think of interesting/noteworthy things about myself I will update.

Things 1 - 10

Things About Me
11 - 20

#11 - I am addicted to anything Disney.
I love it. I know it's an evil corporation and all that, but I don't care. I also know that life doesn't have Disney happy endings. Maybe that is why I like Disney so much.

#12 - I collect Disney dvds.
I have just about all that have come out, so far (just the classics, please). I even bought Bambi, which I can't watch. My hope is that some day, my kids will be able to watch our (well, my) Disney movies and love Disney as much as I do.

#13 -My bathroom is decorated in red and black - Mickey ears.
It's my favorite room in my house. It makes me happy just walking into that room. I can't explain it. Besides, the kids that visit me LOVE it.
#14 - My favorite color is blue.
Cobalt blue. It's a very vibrant blue (if you're not familiar with it). Gorgeous. I have plans to paint my bedroom that vibrant blue color, but I may switch and paint it yellow with the cobalt accents. I haven't decided.

#15 - I've traveled to Mexico and Spain.
I loved them both, but Spain was my favorite. I went with my high school Spanish teacher (who is still my favorite teacher to this day). A good friend of mine and I decided we wanted to go to Mexico our junior year of high school. Luckily, our parents let us go. When our senior year rolled around and we found out the trip was to Spain we begged, pleaded, cajoled, and sold our souls to be able to go again. I have so many good memories from both trips that I am thrilled I conquered my fear of flying to go. Someday, I would like to return to Spain.

#16 - Someday, I want to visit every state.
Someday. So far I've gotten the east coast pretty well covered. I haven't gone further west than Missouri. I haven't decided if I count driving through a state as "visiting" it. I've visited Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, New York, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Iowa, Maryland, Washington D.C., and Missouri. Top 10 Places in the U.S. I want to visit include: Wyoming, Disneyland, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Vermont, Chicago, New York City, Arizona, and Washington state.

#16 - In the fourth grade, I decided I wanted to be known as Eryn.
My teacher went along with it.


#17 -I talk to my pets like they are my children.
I figure this isn't such a bad thing since for the time being, they are my children. Lucy, of course, talks back to me.

#18 -When I was little, I stuck my fingers in the electric mixers beaters (while it was running).
It scared my mother to death. I don't remember it hurting, but I remember her and the woman that cleaned our house on Wednesday's being very upset about it.

#19 -I "took a nap" at the top of the steps while my mom was taking a bath when I was four.
It was all good until I actually fell asleep and rolled over and over and over. Our steps were old and incredibly steep. HH was "initiated" into the family when he slid down them a few years ago. Everyone has done it. Me? I napped on them.

#20 -I believe in karma.
I believe that karma is a boomerang. What you put out, you get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home