Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

July 26, 2006

Rave Review

For her retirement, my mother received books. Books, upon books, upon books, upon gift cards for books.

She refuses to read any of them until she "officially" retires (i.e. when summer is over). However, she has no trouble sharing those books with me. Two of the books she received were by Janet Evanovich. One was a typical romance novel. Funny and a quick read. The other was One for the Money.

One for the Money is the first book of the Stephanie Plum series. I am a sucker for series. For example, I love the Madeline Bean series by Jerrilyn Farmer as well as the Desiree Shapiro series by Selma Eichler. I like getting to know a single character though many different books.

I would recommend (and have) the Stephanie Plum series to anyone who enjoys romance, comedy, and mystery. The books aren't gory (unlike the Nora Roberts books I read) and are amazingly witty. I'm so hooked on them that I'm reading them out of order! I never do that!

If you have the opportunity to listen to the books on tape/c.d. do it! C.J. Critt does an amazing job. Her voices different for each character. You can rent the recordings of the books directly from the recording studio. I haven't done it yet as I am too cheap.

Happy reading everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home