Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

July 11, 2006

Disappointing

Today was the summer test day.

I am so depressed.

For three weeks, I have been fighting all the classic summer distractions to actually help these kids do better on their test. I understand that twelve days isn't a lot of time to help kids learn, but I expect some progress. Call me naive.

I had four students in my room to take their test. I was supposed to have six but three didn't show and one passed her test, but her mom wanted her to take the test again anyway. (WTF)

One student did pretty well. I'm hoping he will pass. I'm not really counting the retaker since she's passed it once and I don't know what happens if she fails it this time. Another student answered all her questions, but in the fill in answers wrote things like, "he felt sad because he felt sad". Grrrrrrrrrrr. The other student really upsets me. This student filled in all (but one) of the multiple choice questions. However, he did not even ATTEMPT the short answer or extended response questions. Didn't even attempt.

Furthermore, the movie that I have spent hours upon hours upon hours working on for my cousin's girls will not burn to a dvd. *&^% #$^% piece of *&^%! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's done it before perfectly. I've checked the dvds, the program, everything I know how to check. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm using Windows Movie Maker.

Now, I must stop procrastinating. Tomorrow we are going to WV for a week and a half. HH has a soccer camp next week so he'll be working and I'll be attempting to drown myself in the hot tub. Besides, I can't keep making excuses to the HH why I haven't packed when he is completely packed (show off). I never put off doing things like this, but I just can't seem to muster the energy to care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home