Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

July 31, 2006

100 Things

Just about everyone in BloggerLand has one of those pesky 100 Things About Me lists. I don't. Frankly, I started mine in December of 2005 and still can't think of 100 things to add to it. People, I'm just not that interesting. Most of you know this since you are here - reading my blog.

In an effort to get the dang thing done I've decided to post my 100 Things in groups of ten. Maybe they won't seem so daunting in 10 thing bunches. Ha! Plus, I can add interesting little side notes to my 100 things. Some really need clarification.

No promises to add to this daily, weekly, or monthly as I think of interesting/noteworthy things about myself I will update.

Things About Me
1 - 10

1. My name is Erin.
Throughout school, I hated my name. Mainly because I was one of 8 Erin's in my grade level. I detest going by Erin X. I hate calling kids that in my classroom. I usually try to let them choose what they want to be called. Since I was never given that choice. I am neither Irish or red-haired. My mom just liked the name.


2. My parents are still married after 35 years.
They seldom fight. They've been an excellent model for a good relationship for me.

3. I have one brother, who is 4 years younger than me.

He will graduate in December from his university and start graduate school. He will be a civil engineer.


4. My anniversary is December 30th, 2000.

We got married when we were 20 and 22, respectively. Many told us it was too soon and sometimes I think I might agree. However, everything we have we've built together. We're a team through and through. I'd like to think even with HH's illness our marriage is rock solid. You know, I know our marriage is solid BECAUSE of HH's illness. It doesn't seem like it's been five and a half years.


5. I have four pets - Hokie, Ollie, Socks, and Lucy.

Each with their own distinctive personality. Hokie is the oldest and the calmest. He is friendly when he wants attention, otherwise he is content to sleep and watch. Ollie is our Persian primadonna. He sits in front of the fireplace doors after trips to the groomer for days just oogling himself. Lucy is the hyper one. She loves people and animals. She just wants to be your friend. Take her for a car ride and she'll love you forever. Some people think beagles are dumb - Lucy is dumb like a fox. Socks is our newest addition and the baby. He's also bigger than Hokie and Ollie (soon to be bigger than Lucy). He's a rescued barn kitten who thrives on attention. He greets us - and any visitors - at the door. He comes running when my cousin's wife comes over. Basically, he's a big love bug.


6. When you call my house, the answering machine will tell you that you have reached The Hubby, Erin, Hokie, Ollie, Lucy, and Socks.

It will also tell you to leave a message, but speak slowly as Socks isn't that smart. Someday I will change it. Suggestions welcome.

7. I am a proud 2001 and 2003 graduate of Virginia Tech.
Go Hokies!

8. I am exactly 5 feet 6 1/2 inches tall.

I need that half inch as The Hubby keeps saying I am shrinking. I think his head is shrinking. So nah.


9. I love to grocery shop!

It's most fun when I get to push the cart. Most everyone I know hates it. I love trying new products and new foods. It's the one time I can purchase something without immediate buyers remorse. Besides, who doesn't love shopping!?

10. I have lived in 3 states and 4 "cities".

Blacksburg, Virginia - Salem, Virginia - Strawberry Festival Town - and my current hometown. However, I did a survey at FindYourSpot.com and it told me the best place for me to live would be Charlottesville, Virginia. Uh, HELLO, I'm a Hokie. No way am I living in Charlottesville. ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home