Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

June 23, 2006

When it rains...

Well, you know.

It's been a rough week here at the Hokie Homestead

First, my aunt's dog. Then one of the barn kittens. Yesterday, my uncle had to spend the night in the hospital.


Why?


Well, they were taking down a barn that is going to go out west with my cousin when he moves in the spring and apparently a beam (huge, steel beam) slipped and dropped onto his foot. Luckily he didn't lose his foot but it was pretty painfu
l from what I hear. Lots of broken bones.

Barn in January 2006. (It's the teal/blueish one)
Barn now. Actually, right now there aren't any beams left up. So its all flat.


He's home as of this morning and using a walker. I'm starting to wonder about my family and feet. Foot injuries include:
  • A dropped cement block on my cousin's foot back when we were little.
  • My father's foot troubles 2 years ago when he "dropped a lawn mower deck on his foot".
  • My uncle getting some welding embers caught in his boot and getting a pretty nasty burn.
  • This accident.
I'm concerned about my feet!

P.S. It's raining.
Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home