Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

May 29, 2006

Weekend Recap

Damn.

I think I have planted more stuff this weekend than I have ever planted before in my life. Why is the saying that you have a "green thumb" if you're a good gardener and a "black thumb" if you are not? My hands are most definitely black.

And. AND! There is dirt under my fingernails. Ew.

Oh well, things look pretty flowery - I think they look great. If anything dies or doesn't come up, I will be sad.

Here's a quick run down of what I did this weekend (planting wise):

  • Planted 6 planters at my mother's house. Four big round ones and two long narrow ones to "hide the recycling bins." (I don't ask.)
  • Planted geraniums in the planter on the back porch at my house. It is the only planter I saved from my randfather's funeral. I like to have something in it. As my mother in law says, it is just screaming for some geraniums.
  • Planted two big silver planters with gazanias on the back porch. The gazanias have become my favorite thing. They're just so neat!
  • Planted my very own butterfly bush! I'm so excited. I've always wanted one.
  • Planted the Evening Primroses that MIL sent with us. I hope they grow this year.
  • Planted three big round planters out front at my house. Some of that coleus (sp?) stuff, some spikes, and more gazanias.
  • Attempted to plant two dahlias in a leftover hanging basket from last year. We'll see how that turns out.
  • Planted one set of bulbs that we bought last year. I forget what they're called. But they're pretty! And daisy-like.
  • Planted the six lily bulbs I had laying around. I planted them in with the other lillies I have so I'll have a whole bed of lillies.
I am hoping not to work tomorrow. Why? Working on a day when it is forcasted to be 90ยบ and no air conditioning in the schools? Nooooooooooo thank you.

Now I am off to make Creamy Salsa dip - because Carrie says its good and she's never steered me wrong.

P.S. The kittens have ventured out of the barn. They're a riot. I'm a little sad that I don't know they're safe all the time, but they have to learn to be barn cats sometime, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home