Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

May 20, 2006

Sigh

Family breakfast this morning.

Fifty people, some I know - many I don't. I don't mind. Heck, I'm used to not knowing anyone around here. I just smile and nod and pretend I can remember someone's name five minutes later. I have most of the aunts, uncles, and cousins down but new people take me longer.

HH comes from a large family. His mom has 5 brothers and a sister and all of them have kids of their own. Most have just two children but her sister has five and one of her brothers has four children. HH is the oldest of the cousins (well, one of the oldest - there are a couple of adopted cousins we don't see very often that are older).

But I've digressed.

Apparently, there has been some big family drama because one of HH's cousins is pregnant and due next month. She got married in December - you do the math. Her parents and her in-laws are very religious and I guess there is some tension there. I hope they can just get over it - I will spare you my rant about that though.

Pregnant Cousin is a few years younger than me so, of course, I'm a little jealous. Everyone is having babies or is pregnant! In Blogland, I can just tune it out. I enjoy looking at the baby pictures (everyone has such adorable kids) and hearing how the hormones are raging. It's not the same as experiencing it myself, but it's as good as it's gonna get for a while. I can always choose to not read if I'm having a bad day.

However, Pregnant Cousin's little sister (who is a year younger than Pregnant Cousin) announced today that she is pregnant. Now, I have to pretend (sometimes it's pretending) to be happy for both of them while the ugly green monster rears its ugly head.

Sigh. Just. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home