Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

April 23, 2006

Senior Citizens

This morning, as my mother is crossing the Burger King parking lot, two older gentlemen in a car call out to her, "Excuse me, can you help me fix my sock?"

Wha?

Being my mother, she turns around and calls to my father saying, "J, can you help this gentleman with his sock?"

My father, being the guy HE is, goes over to help. At this time, the gentleman in the car begins to sputter.

No, no. I don't need help. No. I thought there were two women in your car.

Oh. my. God.

My mother AND my father got hit on in the Burger King parking lot.

As my mother is telling this story, I am dying. I don't know which is funnier. The men trying to "pick up" my mother (who swears she is going back to her old glasses after this...lol). Or them mistaking my father for a woman.


Cateracts, sir? Yeah, I thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home