Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

March 11, 2006

Goin' Courtin'

Just to give further proof of my band geekiness, let me tell you about my evening Wednesday night. Hokie Hubby and I "finally" celebrated our anniversary. It's been a long three month wait. However, since it was Hokie Hubby's spring break we were able to go see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. This is one of my favorite movies. I love the dancing and the songs and the brothers - oh my! Highlights of the evening include:
  • Arriving at our table and seeing that it is only set for 2 people. We didn't have to share a table! I was so excited! I hate meeting new people and sitting through dinner and a show with them. It's just...awkward. Besides, I may preach "sharing" all day at work - but Hokie Hubby swears I missed that day of school because it's sometimes difficult for me.
  • Having our anniversary announced. We were the only anniversary being celebrated that night. Yay! That spotlight is blinding!
  • Two words: Cheese. Plate.
  • Seven Brides for Seven Brothers souvenir glasses (mine was originally filled with alcohol...woohoo!)
  • Leftovers... In a swan!
Don't scoff. Remember, I'm just a little country girl who is monetarily challenged and doesn't get to experience the "big city" much. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home