Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

March 28, 2006

Bliss

In case you missed it the first time, I love my hair dresser.

I have been long overdue for a haircut, but I've been putting it off. Just like my mother. We go to the same woman so we usually end up going together. Finally, we got an appointment to get our hair cut for today.

Mom was so eager to get hers cut she was practically counting down the hours. My mother, who never makes a decision, told me as we got out of the car, "I'll go first!"

I came to D prepared today. Once again, I was unsatisfied with my hair. I like the cut, but there was no style. I've never had a hair style. It's always been long and curly, short and curly, or straight. Nothing that I would call a style.

Finally, I thought I had found a good hairstyle for me. Short but not so short my face looks like a pumpkin and relatively current. Plus, I have issues with hair being in my face. I don't like it. But I am digressing...

I walked into the salon handed D this picture (and 2 others just like it). I asked her if she thought it would work with my face and she thought it would. I asked her if it was hard to do at home (since curlers and I don't get along...curling irons and I barely tolerate each other, but we're working on it). She assured me that it would really easy to do at home and after she cut my hair, she showed me how.

Hokie Hubby knows how excited I was about it and has called several times while I was out to tell me that he can't wait to see my new haircut and to tell me he's sure I'll be beautiful no matter how I style my hair. Have I mentioned how much I love that man?

I CAN do it. It IS easy and I absolutely LOVE it!

I am off to go curl my hair. I had big plans to get things crossed off my Spring Break To-Do list, but alas, I can't be torn away from the mirror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home