Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

March 21, 2006

Argh

Whelp, we have acquired the "new to us" computer. Um...it's ok. It's going to take me some time to get everything set up the way I want it. Father-in-law reformatted the hard drive before giving it to us so it should be clean and ready to go. Hence my frustration when we're already getting error messages and it's slower than the laptop.

Furthermore, it will not allow me to download my perfectly legal copy of Microsoft Office. It's one of the few things that I purchased legally and have used since I bought the laptop. (Haha, just kidding all you legal types).

Just how difficult is it to change from Microsoft ME to MicrosoftXP and how does one go about that? I've heard many horror stories.

Baby steps, Erin. Baby steps. I just keep reminding myself that it only has to get us through until we get enough money to by a new computer. However long that will be.


Hillary asked about pictures. Well, I did take some pictures from our trip to Wheeling this weekend. Where are they? Yep. On the laptop. I will work on getting them transferred tomorrow if I have time. Which reminds me, Hillary, where did you find out how to put your archives and other things in a pull-down menu. I must know how to do that! Please share!

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment and I'm helping Hokie Hubby with a fundraising activity with the team. (Concessions at a softball game - a.k.a. Erin is going to freeze her tush off)

I think I am definitely going to ask my doctor tomorrow for some weight loss ideas. I'm feeling very frustrated and hopefully she can help me. I wonder if they have a skinny pill. I would like a skinny pill. I'm expecting her to redirect me somewhere, but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

And dag nabbit, now I can't find the website I need. Argh. Today is just not my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home