Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Growing up, I was never truly sad over Valentine's Day. Don't misunderstand, I don't really care for the holiday. Why do I have to "prove" my love on one day? Shouldn't I be doing that all year long? If I don't "prove" my love or have someone "prove" their love to me then our relationship isn't strong? It's junk.

However, why am I not bitter about Valentine's Day? Because I have the best mom in the world. Growing up, we always got Valentine's Day gifts from Mom. They weren't anything elaborate or expensive, but they were thoughtful.


So, I finally drag myself out of bed this morning (it's party day, thankfully no one is making me do theirs) and walk out the kitchen to take my morning meds. As I am passing the kitchen table, I notice this:

(The card and the candy were inside.) Mom has conferences tonight so we won't be seeing her. So someone snuck into our house this morning and left us Valentine's gifts. Must have been cupid. I'm just so excited because it matches my I Love Lucy purse and change bag perfectly. Mwahahahaha.

Lest you think I have forgotten.

Happy Valentine's Day, Hokie Hubby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home