Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

January 10, 2006

Picture Post!

Here we go! Finally! (I know...I know)

Hillary and Cyli wanted to see me.

Uhhhhhhh...have I mentioned I am picture phobic? Extremely picture phobic? Add to that, I don't want to put a picture of me here as I don't want to be definitely connected to my specific school district.

However, if you're dying to see a wedding photo of The Hubby and I (about 5 years old), email me and I will send it to you. Provided I *know* you. :) That's my compromise. For those who can't wait that long, I will compromise again and leave you with this:
Yes, those are my feets. In socks with music notes on them (thinking of you Hillary).

Carrie wanted to see my favorite place to hang out and relax. I had to move The Hubby, but here it is:

I also enjoy these, but as you can see, they were occupied.

This last one fulfills two because it is one of my favorite places to hang out and relax AND it contains the thing that makes me happiest (The Hubby but Socks too).


She also wanted to see the insides of my fridge. In my defense I have been sick and dealing with company. Who am I kidding, it always looks like this.

It occurs to me now that it looks a little top heavy. Trust me, new refrigerator is on my list of appliances to replace........someday.

I really had to think what I was afraid people would want to see, but I decided it would probably have to be *me* so here it is:

Cyli also wanted to see the most beautiful tree near my house. My favorite tree is located at my parents house. It is the buckeye tree (tree in the front) that they planted the year I was born. It's as old as I am! I also love the apple trees in the soon-to-be old orchard.

Pigs wanted to see the most farmish things I can see. I couldn't decide between these two...you decide the most farmish.

(view from the backyard)

(view from the road in front of the farm)

She also wanted to see Lucy in trouble. Lucy wants me to make it clear that she NEVER gets into trouble. However...her alter ego, Lucy-fer was caught doing this while visiting my parents:
We (my parents and I) gave her a bone (her Christmas gift). She's attempting to bury it at their house. This is after I "found" it squished between couch cushions and beside the organ.

And here is a quick video of the little bandit. Tell me she isn't just the smartest beagle ever. Hehe


Powered by Castpost

After much debate, I decided that this is my favorite Disney thing. It is a "snow" globe that The Hubby got for me when we honeymooned at the Magic Kingdom. It's beautiful. It plays A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.



Something Ohio-y was somewhat more challenging. Unfortunately, the snow melted before I could get a picture of a bunch of snow. This is what I finally came up with:

The first is a picture of the quarry across the street. It used to look like this (minus the
dozers):

That USED to be a hay/straw field. The lone tree in the middle is what is left of the woods that we used to play in. Depressing really. If you click to see the bigger picture, you can actually see the snow that was falling. Now THAT is Ohio. At least in the winter. The second one is still the front yard. The orange stuff is snow fence. We're hoping it prevents the driveway from drifting shut this year. We'll see.


Most original request must go to MommyProf for the request for unusual Hokie stuff...and do we have it in spades!


This is a bottle opener. Looks uninteresting right? However, when you actually touch the metal opener part to something else metal it plays the Virginia Tech Fight song, Tech Triumph. You can find a link to a bad midi version of the song by following that link - my bottle opener plays the Marching Virginians version.

Often when I am opening a....refreshment or when I just need a pick-me-up, you can find me in the kitchen dancing to the fight song and yelling - "Go Hokies!" at the end.


Upon further reflection, I realized these two items were probably unusual too. Just keep in mind, I love board games. Here are two of the first ones we purchased:

I hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed taking them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home