Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

January 06, 2006

Finally, good news this week

Still heartbroken over the miners...but each day gets a little better. We're continuing to hope and pray for a miracle for the McCloy family. I've spent a little time each day downloading pictures from Yahoo. I'll want them someday?

In other news, school is back in session and I worked half a day this week. Woohoo! The perfect was to slowly work my way back after break. There was also tutoring each evening (Tuesday through Thursday). Tutoring is really quite enjoyable. All I have to do is listen to the kids read, answer their questions if they have any, and troubleshoot any computer problems that come along. All in all, pretty easy money. Wednesday evening, as the last girl left, she gave me a big hug. After the incredibly sad week I had had up to that point, it definitely made my day.

Today I am hoping to get the Christmas stuff put back in the attic. Here's hoping.

I saw my family doctor today. I love, love, love that woman. I barely managed to restrain myself from hugging her and telling her to "Never leave again." I thought that might be a touch clingy. According to her, I don't need to see a urologist since my kidneys showed no protein build up. Woohoo! She said that my protein levels weren't that high at all. Dr. Quack (the one that filled in for her) had me believing that it was a serious problem/life threatening. My doctor said she doesn't become concerned until levels are much higher. So thyroid problems are out. Kidney problems - gone! Yay! It's been a good day so far.

And my diet starts Monday. Eek. Maybe diet is the wrong word. Lifestyle change is more accurate.

P.S. Don't think I have forgotten about the pictures. There is one more I need to take then the picture post will be ready!


I leave you with a picture of Butthead and Hokie. Socks is attempting to take a cat nap, but Hokie wants his spot. So he is kneading Socks' belly (and what a belly it is). Socks was NOT impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home