Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

December 24, 2005

Speed blogging

Busy, busy, busy day.

Made:
Gingersnaps
Cherry Cherry Cookies
Mashmallow chocolate candy
Mints
Heaths
Chocolate covered pretzels
Spritz cookies (which I think are just the most awesome cookies ever - they shoot out of a gun!)

In between that, sandwich:
A trip to Giant Eagle to get the cherries I forgot yesterday
A stop to get suet for the Yorkshire pudding
A trip to the mall with my brother
2 loads of laundry
Cutting the trip to the mall short because my father called the ambulance for my mother.*
Racing home
A trip to Blockbuster with C to get movies for her clients
A trip to Acme to get pop....(soda to you strange folks :) )
Watching Deuce Bigelow

Yeah. I think I need to go to bed. More of the same tomorrow!

* My mother got the stomach flu yesterday. She had an eye doctor's appointment this afternoon. She's still not feeling well so she didn't want to eat anything before her eye doctor appointment in case it would make her sick again. Mind you, this morning when she checked her blood sugar it was 51.

Way.
Too.
Low.

So my brother and I leave to go to the mall (after her assuring us she was "fine"). The next thing we know we're racing home (hard to do in holiday traffic) because The Hubby had called to tell us that Dad has called the EMTs because Mom was "out of it".

On the way, home I said to my brother - she's either got that blood infection like she had last year or her sugar is too low. Her sugar was too low. 32. THIRTY `EFFIN TWO! The woman was in diabetic shock moving right along to a diabetic coma.

Thank goodness my dad got home when he did. Thank goodness. He called The Hubby after he called the EMTs. When my brother and I arrived home (somewhat after the "excitement") you could tell both The Hubby and Dad were upset. Hubby said he was afraid she'd had a stroke.


We were lucky this time.

Wanna bet Mom doesn't get left unsupervised for a loooooong time? (She'd just earned the privilege back after her stunt two years ago.)

Just one more thing for me to be thankful for this year. Hug your loved ones while you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home