Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

December 26, 2005

A recap and a forecast

When we were little, my mom was very strict about my brother and I sharing. Sharing was polite. Sharing was what "nice" people did.

Mom and Dad shared their flu with me. Each had a different type of stomach flu, so lucky me - I got half of each.

When did my flu hit? You got it, Christmas lunch time. We had invited my cousin and his wife over for lunch. About a half hour before dinner time, I started feeling ill. By 3P.M., I was in bed, wishing I was dead.

Luckily, I made it through the night and after a rocky beginning this morning, I am feeling pretty good. You will be relieved to know that Ollie stuck by me all night, sleeping right next to me. The Hubby was ordered to the couch. Yes, my new couch that I swore we would not sleep on lasted 5 whole days without someone sleeping on it. This afternoon I found out something very bad. My new couch is SO COMFORTABLE to sleep on. The poor couch is doomed.

Tomorrow we are going to see Swing! I love going to Carousel. Maybe I am just a senior citizen in the body of a 25 year old, but you get dinner AND a musical/play. Hello!? What could be better than that? Did I mention they have a cheese plate that is WONDERFUL.

The Hubby said we can go see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers in March as our anniversary present (despite the fact he hates the movie). I love going places with The Hubby because he calls early enough that we get front row tables to enjoy the show. It's wonderful!

Thanks to everyone who has requested pictures. The in-laws arrive Wednesday so I can start working on them then.

Friday is our anniversary - so hopefully both of us will be feeling well enough to actually celebrate. Five years have just flown by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home