Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

December 08, 2005

Ouch

I had this big, long rant...post ready to write in my mind, but I am so exhausted that I just don't have the rant...post in me.

Today was a lot of fun. I enjoy being with the kid's in my mom's hall. For the most part, they're sweet kids. There are a couple of 4th graders that make me thankful I am not their classroom teacher. One class is a dilly. Oy. Even the parents that came to help her were great. Except one, at the end.

A permanent sub's husband came in (my mom has her daughter and I really like the kid; the permanent sub is nice too). He was a wonderful help during the candy factory. HOWEVER, he managed to rile the kids up right before the buses came. He was "tickling" them, picking one up and taking her to the trash (teasing), and just generally being a guy. Luckily, my mother held it together (she was getting some low blood sugar and really not feeling well) and I kept my mouth shut. As the husband of a teacher, he knows better. Shame on you.


The pizza's went over wonderfully. The kids just loved them. I took cheapie pictures and once I get them developed, scanned, and posted I will share. So in like 3 months when you have forgotten all about this. Viola! Pictures! Did I mention I really want a digital camera? I've been really good this year!

I am so tired and everything hurts. Gotta love "special" days. Oh well. Tomorrow, I am teaching gym. Woohoo! Right now, sweats and a sweatshirt sounds sooooooo good. However, I'll break down in the morning and wear professional clothes. Damn professionalism!

Finally...the "hidden" meaning behind my name. Snatched from Leesa.

Erin

From Ireland : Irish
You are both a visionary and a realist able to bring your dreams into a tangible form. Pioneering and ambitious you accept new challenges and the responsibilities which go with them willingly. Your sound judgement, resourcefulness and positive nature means that your progress in life is assured. Certainly your kindness and generosity to others and your inspirational manner attract success as well as many admirers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home