Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

December 05, 2005

Monday Madness!

First week participant in Monday Madness. Woohoo!

1. When is the last time you moved?
The last time I moved was in May of 2003. The Hubby was living in West Virginia and had finished his contract teaching at a local college. I had graduated from my 5 year master's program from
Tech. We combined those two households into my grandparents home in Ohio.

2. How many times in your life have you moved?
I've moved 5 times total. The first "move" I made was into a dorm at Virginia Tech. I count the 2 years of that as one move. Next, The Hubby and I moved into a tiny apartment across from campus. Then I moved half of our stuff to Salem, Virginia so I could finish my student teaching and be closer to the schools I was treaching in. The Hubby moved home to West Virginia where he had a job for the year. Finally, we both moved to Ohio.

3. In your opinion, what is the worst thing about moving?
Packing and unpacking. I hate to unpack a suitcase, let alone hundreds of boxes. In fact, I think I still have a box or two that is still packed from our move here.

4. What is the most exciting thing about moving?
Purging all the things I manage to keep that I don't honestly need. I'm such a packrat.

5. If you've lived in the same place all your life, do you plan to move in the future?
Until I went to college, I had lived in the same house all my life. In fact, my neighbors were family members. I really like most aspects of this kind of living. I don't like living in large cities where traffic noises and street lights shine in my window. I love listening to the frogs croak or the sheep baa as I fall asleep. Although moving is an option The Hubby and I have discussed, it's not something I want to do. However, it may be the only solution in both of us finding full-time work.

6. Do you WANT to move somewhere else; if so, where?
Not really. Yes, I live practically in the snow belt and see a lot of snow in the winter. Yes, some years it's hotter than hades here. However, I love living next door to my family. I wouldn't trade that for the world. I live in my grandfather's house which is full of wonderful memories. If my family were moving to the same area, perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home