Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

December 22, 2005

Domesticated

Well, Christmas break is officially here. Yipee!

Today, I planned to get up early (7:30) and get to the grocery store. So I called my mother to make sure she was up and ready to go. She, however, has managed to catch the stomach flu from her little angels. Mother was a no-go on the shopping.

Luckily, my brother went with me. At 8, we left for the mall. We arrived around 9 (after a quick stop at the bank in town). Unfortunately, everywhere we needed to go didn't open until 10! Luckily, Best Buy was open as was Target. We checked Best Buy for Season Five of West Wing. We didn't get it because it was almost $50. Waaaay more expensive than I expected. We're thinking we may order it from Wal-Mart.com and just put a little slip in my father's stocking telling him it's coming.

After we finished all our mall area shopping we headed for the grocery store. We got just about everything we needed. I forgot a few...key things, but after a visit to the other grocery store I got everything...except a few things. Dang! Even with a list I forget!

We stopped at Wal-Mart for them to see what the heck is happening to my glasses. Apparently the coating is peeling off. Great. I need new glasses. Stupid Wal-Mart crap glasses.

This afternoon I made nut clusters using my cousin's recipe. They're ok. I think I needed to put more Spanish peanuts in.

After the nut clusters, I made some gingersnaps using my mother-in-law's recipe. They turned out very well so I may make some more here in a little bit.

Tomorrow someone has to go with mom to the eye doctor. Then I have presents to wrap. This should be the last of them, unless we get some more last minute stocking stuffers (which some people DESPERATELY need).

Cookies I hope to bake tomorrow:
Gingersnaps (if not tonight)
Snickerdoodles - perhaps with the cinnamon chips we found today
Spritz cookies
Cherry Cherry Cookies

Well, I am off to start another batch of Gingersnaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home