Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 13, 2005

We're back!

Well, after getting somewhat lost on the way to Columbus, we are finally home! All in all, I had a good time! I've discovered I really enjoy the game of soccer. I know, I was shocked too.

Columbus Crew stadium is gorgeous! No wonder they have huge fan attendance! It is such a nice facility! I'm already looking forward to going next year.

I've also realized what hubby's team is desperately lacking. SUPPORTIVE FANS!

I only had to listen to one man coach from the stands all weekend.

The fans from the private Cincinnati school were my favorite by far. First, I believe it was an all-girl school. I didn't see one boy in the student section, thus my belief. Plus, there were no references to Lady Bulldogs. Anyway, they had organized cheers (my favorite by far is one that ends with them jumping up and down on the stands screaming: Beat the Mustangs, Beat, Beat the Mustangs). These girls had me cheering with them and I was rooting for the other team! They even brought their own red cards to wave when they didn't like something (forget the yellow cards, we go right to the red ones).

All in all, it was very exciting. I've also realized I am getting old...and cheap. I realized this when I was lamenting the $7 tickets that we had to purchase (TWICE) to see the two games Saturday. Good grief! I can attend a COLLEGE soccer game for free. Hello!?

Tomorrow is the posp-op ob/gyn appointment (not expecting anything bad...but who knows) and in the evening I have a kidney ultrasound. I'm just glad I am not required to have a full bladder. Last time was not fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home