Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Recap

We are finally home! Yay!

Let me preface this whole entry with this statement. I love my in-laws. I am very lucky to have a wonderful relationship with my in-laws. They're wonderful people. My mother-in-law though...I have my moments. (So does The Hubby)

While we were in WV we saw Yours, Mine, and Ours AND Rent. Yours, Mine, and Ours was cute. I enjoyed it, but I still like the first one better. You can't beat Lucille Ball. Rent, however, ummmm...I LOVED the music. I can't wait to buy the cd. The movie itself...uh, weird! Honestly, I enjoyed the whole thing, except the middle part where Maureen does the Moo-ing song (weird!) and I did not care for the bar/restaurant scene where they sang La Vie Boheme. I liked La Vie Boheme. My mother-in-law couldn't hear most of it, therefore came out of the movie very confused. My father-in-law was sighing about halfway through, I think he wanted to go home and watch the Hokie football game.

The Hubby and I kept track of all the things his mother would find scandalous (lesbianism, homosexuality in general, nekkidness, AIDS, drugs, stripping, etc...) and we decided it might have better for us to screen this one before bringing her (kinda like American Beauty).

Now to the only "issue" I had the entire weekend. It concerns a snowman hot cocoa gift set I gave my mother-in-law in 2002. She regifted it! To me! And she has no idea! It's not that bad because I liked it when I bought it, but the thought hurts my feelings somewhat. Oh well.

I am on a cleaning kick (I think). I have decided the clutter in my house is making me very anxious. It just bugs me. So I am weeding out. When we got home I cleaned the kitchen. The counters are bare except for essential items and I've removed all non-essential items that were making me crazy. It makes me happy to be in there. I'm hoping to hit the whole house, THEN put out the Christmas decorations (to join my hot cocoa snowman).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home