Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 10, 2005

"Normal"?

So, it occurs to me as I am eating dinner tonight that The Hubby and I haven't fought in gosh knows how long.

Let me explain, when The Hubby was relapsing/"sick" we fought all the time. Daily. It was awful. I spent more time than I would like to admit wondering if I had done the right thing. I hate fighting (who doesn't) and I didn't want a marriage where all we did was fight. Thus, when The Hubby started getting better (and the fighting suddenly went away), I told him that if we were to ever start arguing like that again, that I would immediately become suspicious. Sounds crazy, I know.

The fact is, we never really fought that often. If we did quarrel it was over the most stupid, idiotic things. Then, mid-way through one of us would look at the other and say, "Are we really fighting over _____?", and it would be over. No worrying who was right and who was wrong. No "he said"/"she said". It was just over.

We're not even fighting over "stupid stuff" anymore. I don't know if its because he's working in a job he loves and is happier. Or is it because I am "sick" and therefore don't care about the little things I used to harp over? Is it that we've both grown up?

I don't know what we did, but whatever we're doing, I hope we keep doing it because THIS is what a marriage should be. I have the best husband in the world.

P.S. Teaching tomorrow. The class with all the kids that have been pulled out of their regular classroom due to behavior problems. I love this teacher. The kids and I will be fine. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home