Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 15, 2005

Meme madness

Stolen from Erin who stole it from mz. smlph?

1) My mother once: pushed me out of a restaurant booth and onto the floor when I bet her she couldn't. Needless to say, I was wrong.

2) Never in my life: have I shot a weapon.

3) When I was five: I was in love with the letter people. I still like them.

4) High school was: tolerable thanks to my band and choir friends.

5) I will never forget: the day I married my husband.

6) I once met: my teacher in the grocery store. I've never met anyone famous. Pathetic, really.

7) There's this person I know who: reminds me of Natasha, of Boris and Natasha.

8) Once, at a bar: I...uh...had a drink? Only been to 1 bar in my life. I know, I know...nerd.

9) By noon I'm usually: working or thinking about getting dressed.

10) Last night I: had a kidney ultrasound. Damn they push on you hard! Sheesh.

11) If I only had: a permanent teaching position.

12) Next time I go to church/temple: it will be to prepare communion. I'm sick of being hassled for money.

13) Terri Schiavo: should be allowed to rest in peace.

14) I like: many things. Mickey Mouse, books, cats, and dogs - just to name a few.

15) When I turn my head left, I see: the television, couch, and a mess.

16) When I turn my head right, I see: the window and the field across the street being mined for gravel.

17) You know I'm lying when: I smile and give too much information. I always forget to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

18) In grade school: I hid all my papers I didn't want to do in my desk. My teacher dumped my desk over in front of everyone and made me sort the papers out.

19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare: I'd talk really weird and wouldn't understand what I was saying.

20) By this time next year I: hope to be a full-time teacher and have a husband with a full-time job as well.

21) A better name for me would be: Grace. The irony is just too good to pass up.

22) I have a hard time understanding: math. Ugh, I hate math.

23) If I ever go back to school I'll: get another teaching degree. It's the only thing I feel I do remotely well.

24) You know I like you if: I tease you. That goes for my entire family. If we tease you, we like you.

25) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my family.

26) I hope that: I am a good teacher, wife, and mother one day.

27) Take my advice: for what it's worth. Consider the source and do with it what you want.

28) My ideal breakfast is: lunch. I am seldom in the mood for breakfast food. I like quiche though. Does that count?

29) A song I love, but do not have is: Seasons of Love from Rent. Can't wait to see the movie.

30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: you visit the local tourist attractions and see things in Cleveland.

31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: Tulips - they're ok, not my favorite. Character flaws make us special. Embrace them. Track stars run really fast and might make good soccer players. :)

32) Why won't anyone: give me a job!

33) If you spend the night at my house: just know, I am not responsible for cat hair.

34) I'd stop my wedding: uh...wayyyy too late for that.

35) The world could do without: intolerance, stereotypes, hate, war, and bugs. Okay, I could do without bugs. The world, probably not.

36) I'd rather lick the belly of a roach than: eat a bug (especially a roach).

37) My favorite is: spending time with my husband and hearing him talk about soccer. He's so happy, even when they're driving him crazy.

38) Paper clips are more useful than: staples. Can't get enough of paper clips!

40) And by the way: karma is a boomerang. Remember that.

41)The last time I was drunk: was never. I don't like the taste of alcohol.

42) My grandmother always: gardened. I wish I could be like her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home