Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 17, 2005

List-less

After reading Leesepea's blog, I realized that I, too, suck. The pathetic part is I have no reason to suck. I'm not working nearly as much as I was last year and I'm feeling better.

Last year when I was working 3-5 days a week and the hubby was not, I was incredibly frustrated at the lack of work he accomplished each day. He did nothing. What did he do all day? Why did it take him all day to do dishes?

Now? I'm the slacker. I have been sleeping late each day (just started that this week) and sitting around on my ever widening tush doing nothing. I just can't seem to get anything accomplished. I start cleaning the kitchen and find myself straightening something in the living room (or vice versa). I don't remember being this easily side tracked before. Not only is it incredibly hard to begin the cleaning process, once I get a room clean its messy within hours. HOURS! There are only two people (and three cats) living in this house. How can it always be a mess?

So, in the wise words of Leesepea's step-mom, I am going to make a list. Let's see how long it takes me to accomplish it.

1. Put 1 load of laundry in the washing machine.
2. Transfer load from washer to dryer/hang up and put another load into the washer. (Repeat until all laundry is done)
3. Put away folded/hung up laundry.
4. Clean off the dining room table. Should be able to see actual table.
5. Clean kitchen (includes emptying dishwasher, clearing off counters, and Floormating the floor).
6. Clean living room (includes dusting, decluttering, vacuuming, and steam cleaning the carpet).
7. Clean bathroom (includes removing all dirty laundry, disinfecting, washing rugs, cleaning tub, and Floormating the floor).
8. Clean the bedroom (includes decluttering, dusting, sweeping, and removing laundry).
9. Put PayPal on my cousin's website.
10. Pack for Thanksgiving in West Virginia.
11. Maintain cleanliness for longer than 1 day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home