Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 14, 2005

For the hubby

The Hubby is sad.

It is important to note that for a brief period of time, The Hubby was affiliated with professional wrestling (note, not the WWE).

Yesterday, we learned of the death of
Eddie Guerrero. It hits the hubby hard when wrestlers pass away. These are men who befriended him, helped him, and were his mentors for a brief time. Losing Owen Hart was horrible. Losing Eddie is just as bad. Eddie was only 38. I don't know who Dave is, but he enumerates Eddie's character quite well for anyone wondering what the heck I am talking about.

For once, I am not mad at Vince McMahon. I don't despise him and his thirst for money, for a little while. Tomorrow, I will once again dislike his greed, but tonight, for Eddie, I will ignore it. They're remembering Eddie the right way. I get a little choked up myself when I see big, burly, "manly" men openly weep. I cannot begin to imagine the sadness and grief Chavo and Rey and Chris Benoit are experiencing. They're wrestlers, but they're people first.


Rest in peace, Eddie. For his family and friends, I'm so sorry for your loss.


That just doesn't seem like enough.


Wrestling will miss you, Eddie. You were a good man.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home