Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

November 24, 2005

Dashing through the snow...

...in a four door Chevrolet.

Heh. My car is a Chevy...see the humor now? No? Oh...all righty then.


Anyway, we made it successfully to West Virginia. We took some really crazy roads from The College yesterday, but we made it. Yay! Next time, I think we're better just to go the old way. The way we went seemed really long.

Cooking, baking, and cleaning are in full swing here. I am helping where I can. I am not looking forward to a holiday spent with people asking, "Are you allowed to have that? Can you eat that?"

Let me just say, I am allowed to eat whatever I want and I CAN eat just about everything (except olives...ew). However, there are lots of things I shouldn't eat. But I cannot blame my mother-in-law. The woman goes out of her way to accommodate me. Yes, there is apple pie and a pumpkin roll in the fridge, but beside those things are pumpkin pie (made with Splenda), Cool Whip Free, and a cake that is practically sugar-free. It's nice to be care about.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are eating at 3 (it seems a very weird time to me too). The three inches of snow we were supposed to get overnight did not arrive (YAY!) so we don't have to worry about driving.

Oh, and Hillary, a clipper is a storm that comes down over Lake Erie from Canada. When they say "clipper" on the news here it usually means LOTS and LOTS of snow. I haven't talked to my parents to see if the clipper was as bad as they predicted (usually not).

I am now off to watch the Macy's parade and then the dog show (so I can list all the dogs I want).

Pomeranian....Pug.....St. Bernard....oh I could go on for days! Lucy needs a buddy! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home