Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

October 02, 2005

Whatever

Perhaps I have simply grown up since I got married, or maybe I have always been an adult in a kid's body (lol), I don't know, but the phrase "whatever" as a response just annoys the heck out of me.

When someone uses that as a response, it generally means they are wrong or someone doesn't agree with them and they can't find the words to have a decent arguement. If this is the case, I will BUY you a dictionary. There are hundreds of thousands of words in there. It makes me question their future in their chosen career. What employer wants to hear, "whatever" when questioning an employee?

In the future, if I disagree with my doctor, can they reply to me, "whatever"? Uh, not if they want to be my doctor very long.

As I tell the kids at school, use your words.

Furthermore, the petty behavior of sending nasty things and then ignoring the person you sent them to is just asinine. At least, when I disagree with someone I tell them and am willing to discuss my thoughts. Heck, I could be wrong! It's happened before. Having a disagreement with a person is part of being an adult. I don't have to agree with you, just like you don't have to agree with me.

Immaturity in today's society just frosts my cookies. I deal with children all day long, I REFUSE to deal with adults who act like children.

Grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home