Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

October 04, 2005

Extra, Extra - Day 2

As noted in Extra, Extra, I find myself rivetted to the trial of a monster accused of killing a student I had two years ago.

Apparently on the night of the triple murder, his mother called. When asked how he was doing he ADMITTED TO KILLING THE BOY AND THE MOTHER. (Quote from the paper: "He said, ‘Not too well,’” she said. “He said, ‘I just shot R and D*.’”

The monster's mother also said this:

"It was not my son’s voice. It was like someone from outer space talking."

My question is this, exactly how many people from outer space has this woman conversed with to *KNOW* how someone from outer space speaks? If I were the prosecution, I would jump her for that statement. Good thing I'm not. If I were, we'd lose based on lawyer incompetence.

Futhermore, I am disgusted with the paper. Yes, I want to know what is happening in the trial, however, I DO NOT need to know body positions and descriptions of crime scene photos. I am not a juror.

Oh the tangent I could go on regarding today's media.

* Names changed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home