Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

September 04, 2005

Things I learned over the last 2 days...

Things I learned this weekend.

#1 ~ Off-sides, the player on the opposing team cannot be in front of the player who is on their side of the field before the ball is kicked. I think that's right. It makes the conversation in "Bend it Like Beckham" MUCH clearer.

#2 ~ When head coach gets angry, head coach gets quiet. Quiet is not good.

#3 ~ If I goalkeeper gets beat near post, goalkeeper coach/hubby gets angry. See rule #2.

#4 ~ Soccer isn't nearly as boring as I thought it would be. I found myself yelling, "Go PURPLE!" Quite often.

#5 ~ You have to have heart to be successful in soccer...just as important, you MUST be able to run the ENTIRE game. Team is not cutting it.

#6 ~ There's nothing you can say to an angry coach to make them feel better.

#7 ~ When someone yells, "Man on", that means that someone is coming after you. (It was quite confusing as there were no men on the field!)

#8 ~ Push it up, means move up, it is NOT a reference to a bra.

#9 ~ I still have no idea what "Make your runs" means. Hubby explained it, but its confusing and I stopped listening. :)

#10 ~ There is another game on Thursday and I am looking forward to it...unless its as bad as this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home