Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

September 01, 2005

Suggestions?

I keep waffling between being angry at what is happening in New Orleans and just being sad.

I am so angry that the government is letting this occur. They have/had no plan. C'mon people, hurricanes happen every year, you live on the coast, you didn't see this coming. I find it incredibly hard to believe that there is no way to get these people some food. Fly it in. Bus it in. Do SOMETHING! I caught a little of the evening news tonight and I fear for the people of New Orleans. People are getting desperate and I can already see the mob mentality developing. It's terrifying. Not being a big Bush fan he's the one most of my anger is generated towards (justified or not).

I want to do something more for those people, but I don't know what else I can do. As someone not close enough to go and phsycially help I admire people like Cyli who is helping those in need.

I am hoping to be able to rally the upper hall at my mom's school (and hopefully the entire school) into making some kind of kid run fundraiser. "Pennies for Hurricane Victims." Something. Anyone have any ideas that kids can do? I want them to do it. So they can feel the pride in helping others and realize how fortunate they are. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Suggest away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home