Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

September 24, 2005

Random Humor

Yesterday went well. I subbed in the afternoon and only made one little girl cry. I can handle just about anything.

Talking when I'm talking?
That's fine, I'll wait until you're done.

Out of your seat?
Take your time, recess is a privilege not a right.

Not doing your work?
Hey, its not me who has to tell Mrs. So and So why its not done Monday.

However, if you argue with me, you are done. Little T did all of the above yesterday. But when she argued with me for the second time, she moved her clothespin. And then ohhhhh the tears.

Note: Don't argue with Mrs. You will not win.

-----------------------
"Here's Your Sign"

So, yesterday morning at 7:30 (!!!), the phone rings. It's hubby's assistant athletic director at the college. "Did you lose your wallet?" Uh....apparently. The AAD told him to call the security office when he got to campus and they would arrange to meet him and return the wallet. Hubby followed instructions and met Bubba in the lobby of his building.

Bubba has a crappy job and wants to "put hubby in his place". Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Before Bubba will turn over the wallet he looks hubby straight in the eye and says, "Do you have any identification?"

Hubby bit his tongue, smiled, and replied, "Why, yes I do. It's in my wallet."

(Can I just say that they had to know it was him! To have been able to contact him!? And did I mention there were TWO photo IDs in the thing?)

Here's your sign.

-------------------

Finally, hubby was explaining the subtle nuances of coaching women versus coaching men. Women are tricky. You can't just get in their face. They'll rebel. Women have to feel it is their team and blah - blah - blah.

However, hubby says that when you coach men it is simple. "It's a pecking order."

And without thinking, I replied, "And you have to be the biggest pecker in the bunch."

Ahahahahahahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home