Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

August 19, 2005

Cumpleanos Feliz

Happy Birthday to me! Wow...the big 2-5. This has been an extremely nice birthday.

I went to lunch and a movie (where I didn't COMPLETELY blow my diet...just a little) yesterday with one of my best friends. Speaking of movies, if you like girlie movies, you have to see Must Love Dogs. First, I do love dogs, so I was convinced I had to see this movie. This was my second time and I don't see movies repeatedly.

Today, hubby woke me up semi-early (9AM), hey, for summer that is early! We went to the mall where we searched high and low for the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack. I've checked every Wal-Mart, K-mart, Best Buy, and Target in the area with no luck. We finally found it at fye for $20. Egads! We got it anyway because if I buy it online, it'll end up being that much (shhhh, that's my rationalization). Then he took me to Olive Garden for lunch. I love, love, love Olive Garden. It's my favorite restaurant, bar none. Instead of getting soup, salad, and breadsticks like always, I splurged and got lasagna. Mmmmmmm. It was delicious. Well worth the diet guilt.

Did I mention how super sweet and super cool my dear hubby was about my birthday present? He actually listened, read my mind, and delivered. Of course, had he not spilled the beans a few days early I would have been TOTALLY suprised by my gift. As it was, when he told me, I was totally surprised. He got me one of these. I absolutely love it. I'm not addicted yet...but I feel it coming! So far I have two games: The Sims (not the new one, its not out yet), which hubby bought to go with my present and Jeopardy. I can't believe how much I love this Jeopardy game. It's sad really. A grown woman yelling at the screen because the categories for double jeopardy STINK! Hehehe.

Did I mention there is a Brownie Batter Blizzard Cake in the freezer? Ohhhhhhhhhh yes.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home