Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

August 19, 2005

Charmed

I just had to share one of my birthday presents. It is unbelieveable.

First, my cousin's wife has started a business making italian charms. She personalizes them with your own pictures. They're really neat! So, for my birthday my mother got me a charm bracelet! But its not just any bracelet. It's unbelieveable.

There are five of the large charms. It takes two of the 9mm charms to connect the large charms. On each of the five charms is a picture. One of hubby and I (wedding picture), one of my parents, one of his parents, one of my maternal grandparents, and one of my grandfather and his second wife (surrogate grandmother). That in and of itself makes it extremely precious. Then she added pictures of my animals (Hokie, Ollie, Sock, and Lucy). Then my brother's baby picture and senior picture. Finally is my baby picture and a senior picture. I still have 18 charms left to fill in on my bracelet! It is the best present. I'm so excited. I know you couldn't tell, that's why I said it. I will have to get her to send me pictures of the bracelet.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, August 20, 2005, Anonymous Carrie said…

    Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day and that bracelet sounds really wonderful. What a perfect, thoughtful gift.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, August 20, 2005, Blogger H0kie Erin said…

    That's my mother! :) She recommended her best friend get a bracelet for her neice that has a pictures of her year and a half old daughter growing up. You can see the baby getting bigger/older on each charm. Quite neat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home