Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

July 15, 2005

Priceless

Well, after 7 weeks of neverending "female" problems, I finally found someone who knows what they're doing! I finally got to a real doctor! She is wonderful!

As a 24 (almost 25) year old gynecologist office first timer, I went in with copious amounts of sheer terror. My new doctor is a cute Indian woman. She can't be more than 30...35. She's wonderful! Have I mentioned that? She immediately treated me like my fears were well founded (not that I was crazy). She suspects I have "Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome".

While the thought that I "have" something makes me feel vindicated, the idea that I am "sick" scares the pee outta me. So now I have an ultrasound schedule for the 27th of July to confirm her diagnosis. This in addition to bloodwork. (Have I mentioned this will be the FIRST time I have ever had blood work done and the second time I have ever had someone coming at my arm with a needle?)

For the present time, to combat my continuous "female problems", I am taking one birth control pill every six hours. Talk about jump starting (or stopping) my system. Besides the slight stomach ache (and the doctors warning of impending gagging), I am feeling much better!

I am off to WV for "vacation". As good a vacation as I am going to get anyway. Hubby will be doing a soccer camp in the mornings while I sit at the in-laws house reading, basking in the air conditioning, and hot tubbing. Did I mention the in-laws just installed a new hot tub? Nice. And did I mention that my wonderful, fabulous, fantastic father-in-law spent an entire weekend building the new deck (that will surround the hot tub) out TO the hot tub so I didn't have to climb over the deck girders? Spoiled? I think so!

Gas for WV trip: $30
Harry Potter book to read while on trip: $25
Hot tubbing while the in-laws are at Myrtle: Priceless!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, July 17, 2005, Blogger Pigs said…

    Yay! I'm happy for you! But I can't imagine taking a birth control pill every 6 hours...that would make me so sick!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, July 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you had a good visit with the GYN. I was pretty old (for a frist time pelvic exam) when I had my first exam as well and absolutely terrified. I really hope they are able to help you with the PCOS. I have friends with it and I know it can be incredibly difficult. Hopefully your case is one of the more mild ones.

    Have fun on vacation.

    Carrie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home