Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

July 08, 2005

Posting...or am I?

I swear I keep posting, but nothing shows up. Then I remember, duh, I didn't post anything I got caught up reading one of my favorite blogs (see list on the side).

Let's see....nothing much has been happening really. My brother came to town and we celebrated our independence. Hehe. I'm always glad when he comes to visit. He graduates in a year and a half, so I am hoping he moves back home. I miss the kid!

Summer school is essentially over. Monday, I will proctor (I've always wanted to use that word) the 3rd Grade Reading Achievement Test for the students who attended summer school. Really, anyone who wants to retake it. Some of them may pass (squeak by) but others don't stand a chance. Is that me being realistic or pessamistic? I know, I know pessamistic.

Truth be told, I haven't been doing much lately. Hubby makes me lay in bed all day after I get home from summer school. Between my back hurting and my other-ongoing-entering-the-7th-consecutive-week problems, he's become quite overprotective (I think its adorable...if not obnoxious). It's given me a chance to catch up on reading though. I've read through the Harry Potter books in preparation for book 6. I am leaving Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix as long as possible so as to have it fresh in my mind when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is released. Yippee! Hubby and I keep speculating on what we think is going to happen. I try not to get caught up in the speculating, because I am usually wrong. However, I spend a lot of time here. More than I would like to admit actually.

Since I have a few days before I want to start reading the last Harry Potter book, I decided to read the book I had reserved from the library that is due soon. Last month I read by Jennifer Weiner. It was a really good book. I really enjoyed it. So I reserved her other two books. I am reading her latest one first, Little Earthquakes, because it is due first. I like it too...even though it talks about pregnant women...and I am a LONG way from that. At least, I hope I am.

Lastly, Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad...33 years. Whoa baby!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, July 11, 2005, Blogger Pigs said…

    I love Jennifer Weiner books! I liked Little Earthquakes even though I couldn't relate to it yet. I just read it because it was her! I also just reread HP5. Sounds like we should start a book club!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home