Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

June 19, 2005

Movies!

Carrie indirectly tagged me...but I'm counting it!

Number of Films Owned: Luckily, I just alphabetized them, so I know approximations. I have over 250 movies. 250 multiplied by $12 per film (12 is my average since I got some for $5 and some for $20) = too dang much money spent on movies!

Last Film Bought: Hmmm...last movie I bought. Probably Connie and Carla, but does it count since it was a birthday gift? I bought it with 3 other movies at the grocery store for $20 (they're 4 for $20 or $9.99 a piece).

Last Film Watched: Yesterday we went to see the remake of 'The Longest Yard'. It was great!

Five Favorite Films That I Watch Frequently or That Mean A Lot To Me: Every movie I own is special in its own way. Ok, teacher answer done. Seriously...I love movies. Current faves are:

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - While the BOOK IS BETTER, I saw this movie with a good friend and it was wonderful. Just the kind of movie to see with a friend. Its a wonderful story about friendship. I felt attached to each character.

The Princess Diaries I & II - Ok, cheesy I know. But how perfect is this movie for me? It's about a girl who becomes a princess AND its a Disney movie. Hello!?

The Phantom of the Opera - The music is so beautiful and the movie is done quite well. For once, my high expectations were met.

That Thing You Do - Again, a movie about music. I love Liv Tyler in this movie and the guy, Guy...you know, the Guy guy. :) I could watch this movie every day (and do thanks to HBO!).

The Thing Called Love - Even though I HATE the ending (I think Miranda should end up with Kyle...I'd pick Kyle...he's gorgeous) I enjoy watching this movie. Once again, a movie with music.

I also really like Centerstage. It wasn't a blockbuster, but it is a great movie about dancing. I took dance classes for 11 years, so again, it appeals to me. Plus I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the end number.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, June 19, 2005, Blogger Big Dave T said…

    Phantom rocks. Weird coincidence--as I was reading your list of movies I heard the stereo of a passing car blaring the Phantom soundtrack. What would be the chances of that?

    Your tales, both you and your husband's, remind me why I never pursued teaching, even after I spent much money and time getting a teacher's certificate. But that was me.

    Nice blog. Thanks for posting.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, June 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I might go see Sisterhood this afternoon. It would be a nice way to get out of the house. Maybe I'll even buy the book too! (Says the compulsive book buyer).

    Carrie

     
  • At 12:40 AM, June 23, 2005, Blogger Cylithriaâ„¢ said…

    Hi Erin! If you thought the movie was good for The Phantom of the Opera, you should see it on broadway! LOL. At your recomendation I watched the Princess diaries....yep it's cheesy, but it is also good to see a movie made today that doesn't have killing, nakedness, maiming, drugs, etc... I also set both movies aside....they are now on my official, "Movies My Girl Scouts Can Watch During SleepOVers" List!

    So thanks for that..... :)

    I came by to say thank you for finding and reading my blog. I am going to be posting more of our story later tonight (or this morning after looking at the time lol) I can't tell you how much it means to know someone has read it and knows what I'm going through! So thank you lady!!! I've bookmarked you and I'll be back!!! Thanks again Erin, you made my day!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home