Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

June 18, 2005

Karma and my teacher voice

So...hubby started his new job at "The Club" last week. He is basically 3rd in charge (lol) of a day camp and head soccer instructor. He teachs a soccer camp in the morning for 3, 4, and 5 year olds for two hours. TWO HOURS! Needless to say, he figured out quickly that they might be there for 2 hours, but there is no way those kids will play soccer for those two hours.

Highlights that pop out to me from his first 2 weeks...
  • The kid who refuses to do ANYTHING and then says to the others, "We don't want to do ____, do we guys?" He's FOUR!
  • Same kid from above and his little accomplice both like to climb inside lockers when it is time to change to go swimming (or when they get in from swimming) and yell, "I'm peein in here!"
  • The youngest child at the camp this week seems really taken with my dear hubby. He will say to hubby, "I don't like you....but I know you!" Hahahahaha
  • The mom who couldn't pick up her unruly child that was being asked to leave the camp for the day because she was "playing tennis"...AT THE CLUB!

Last night I celebrated the 25th birthday of one of my closest friends (how can we already be 25!?!?!). We had a nice little party at the city park. It was quite fun. Of course, he boyfriend, Stilts, kicked a plastic ball (like you can get a Wal-Mart) up and it hit a broken light, thus popping the ball. Needless to say, Stilts made an emergency trip to Wal-Mart. Hehehe.

While we were there I saw some of the kids I had subbed for this year (one being on my mom's team) and he came to say hi. We had a nice chat and he ran off with his brother and cousins to play (UNSUPERVISED). A little while later, they were in our pavilion jumping off picnic tables trying to grab the trusses. Imagine the shock on the face of Stiltz when I said (in my teacher voice), "Fred, stop. That is dangerous." "George, you too." And the kids actually listened to me! Hehehe, teacher perks.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, June 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my Lord. I can't imagine dealing with kids that little for two hours a day! It would drive me batty.

    Good for you and your teacher voice! Don't you love shocking your friends with your teacherness? I always get a kick out of it.

    Carrie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home