Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

June 02, 2005

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

Sing with me now....
School's out for summer! School's out...for...eva!

Well, not really, but it's nice to pretend.

Since I haven't worked at all this week, C and I went out to celebrate. We hit the best dollar store in the world (they have different stuff...not the usual cheap stuff - we're talking CRAFT supplies here). We got stuff for her birthday party in 2 weeks (happy birthday to her). Lastly, we went to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie.

Oh.


my.


goodness.

It was fabulous! Mind you, that does not mean it was better than the book. However, it was wonderful! It was the perfect movie to see with a friend. It also has Amber Tamblyn, who I LOVED in Joan of Arcadia (still hoping they bring it back) I knew the end and I still cried (I'm a big cry baby). Wonderful...wonderful...wonderful movie about friendship. I hope Ann Brashares writes another book.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, June 03, 2005, Blogger Janet said…

    You are out already?!?! I have two more weeks. Boohoo!

    I can't wait to see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie...but maybe I should read the book first?

     
  • At 10:02 PM, June 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really need to see that movie. I want to see Amber Tamblyn but I don't want to see Rory Gilmore. Is she very annoying in it?

    Also, I am STILL depressed over the JoA cancellation. I just can't believe it won't be back. They HAVE to bring it back.

    Carrie

     
  • At 10:03 PM, June 05, 2005, Blogger Janet said…

    I'm not done till June 27th and I still have the third grade show yet to tackle. Almost there, but not quite.

    Oh and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Joan of Arcadia is not coming back. :(

    Dollar stores rock by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home