Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

May 09, 2005

An overshare? Perhaps.

Ugh. Sinus infection is MUCH better. Barely any nose blowing today (hooray!). However, there is one little gastrointestinal side effect. Sometimes I have the side effect after I eat...sometimes I don't. Without getting too technical, it becomes a priority though. Ok...now that everyone has stopped reading. lol

I worked all day today (for the same woman I worked for last Monday) but I am contemplating turning down any more jobs offered this week. I had to leave the kids alone for a few minutes this afternoon while I ran (RAN!) to the restroom. These were the "good" kids and I threatened them then bribed them so they were good. But there is no way I could do that with another group of kids (I shudder to think what kindergarteners would do!).

I don't want to get a "bad rap" as a sub because of a medicinal side effect. On the other hand...if I don't work, I don't get paid. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, May 10, 2005, Blogger leesepea said…

    Ask a neighboring teacher to keep an eye/ear out on the class when you have to "run." Let them know at the beginning of the day that you may need to deal with a medical emergency (without oversharing) and devise some kind of secret knock or signal you can use on your way down the hall. That way you know someone of authority is aware they may need to step in if the kids get crazy.

    And keep up with the threats and bribes. They work wonders. Kids love to police each other, they love to rat each other out, and they love to let you know how good they were being.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home