Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

May 30, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

So...Friday went really well. We made fuzzy caterpillars, jewelry, and watched the Incredibles (3rd time is the charm). The kids really enjoyed the day. One even told me it was the "best day of her whole life". I love 3rd graders. Hehe. Another teacher loved the fuzzy caterpillar idea (I love giving new ideas to other teachers).

Saturday morning, hubby's parents arrived. Saturday we planted flowers. For those of you gardeners we planted: canna lillies, elephant ears, black eyed susans, zinnias, and evening primroses. Then we bought dahlias, salvias, and some geraniums. I may be really getting into this gardening stuff. I'm scaring myself! :) Don't tell my mother-in-law. We also went shopping. Yippee! I got a double hook for my hanging baskets...and some new socks from Target. Target has the best socks! I got teacher socks and some socks with cats on them (to add to my collection).

Sunday, we went to the zoo! Everyone went. Hubby, me, his mom, his dad, my mom, my dad, my brother, and his girlfriend. We saw lions and tigers and bear, oh my! I am hoping to get some pictures from my brother's girlfriend to post. She got some really good shots. It was really wonderful. I am so happy that I will have that memory. We all ate dinner at Brown Derby Roadhouse too. My steak was awful, but everyone else had a good meal. I'll survive.

This morning, the inlaws left early. My mother and I went grocery shopping. Yay! I love any kind of shopping.

My goal for the week is to get a summer schedule made for us. Where we will be, when we will be there, etc. I want to make a list of summer jobs. I also want to make a list of books that I want to read this summer. Any suggestions?

I love this time of year. I am always filled with so many goals. By mid-July I am in a vegetative state and rueing my lack of motivation.

Tomorrow I plan to borrow Cori's "favorites" idea. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, May 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What type of books do you like?

    The zoo is one of my very favorite places to visit. Glad you had fun!

    Carrie (queenoframbles)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home