Random Notions and Stories of Teaching

May 31, 2005

Books, books, books

Carrie asked a very good book question.

I like books that don't require much thinking. Hehe.

I like romance novels (I'm such a girl). My mom read Harlequins...my mom's mom read Harlequins...I imagine my future daughter(s) will read them too (when they're old enough!). If I have any. I like romantic mysteries, like Sandra Brown's books. I love children's books. Harry Potter is a fav and it is on the list as of July 16th. I just read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (and its 2 sequels). I LOVED them. I also like Meg Cabot, she writes the Princess Diaries books (even though I like the movies better...I LOVE Julie Andrews). If I see a movie I really like, I usually get the book and really enjoy it. I really liked the Bridget Jones Diary books.

Does that help anyones suggestions?

Putting the favorites off another day as it is late already.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, June 01, 2005, Anonymous Janet said…

    I love kid books, too. Especially E. L. Konigsburg, Jerry Spinelli, and Judy Blume! I haven't read the Traveling Pants books yet, but would like to do so this summer.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, June 01, 2005, Blogger leesepea said…

    Have you read the YaYa books?

    MUCH better than the movie!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, June 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Weird, I made a big comment yesterday with some suggestions, but it is not here now. I guess it didn't go through. Actually, it wasn't that big of a comment since I don't read romance novels. I go for thrillers and fantasy. I think I recommended Jonathon Stroud. Also Patricia Briggs is a fun, lighthearted author. She gets good press as a romance writer, but her stories are set in fantasy worlds.

    Carrie

     
  • At 11:56 PM, June 02, 2005, Anonymous Janet said…

    Oh, yes! The Ya-Ya books are fabulous!

     
  • At 10:52 PM, June 04, 2005, Blogger Pigs said…

    You read what I read! We should start a book club! If you want to cross Julie Andrews with books, read The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles. It's my first read aloud every year to my fourth graders and they eat it up every year. I didn't know Julie Andrews was a writer until the last few years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home